Dear Valued Guest,
Noting that the news is dominated by COVID-19, I want to assure you that we have implemented increased guest room and hotel common area cleaning protocols and processes. Your health, welfare and safety are paramount when you stay at The Inn of Waterloo and Conference Centre.
We are closely monitoring the guidance of the World Health Organization, Centers for Disease Control and Prevention as well as Canadian Public Health regarding the virus. Our focus is to ensure we meet your needs while doing our part to keep you, our employees, and our communities safe.
Here are some highlights:
- We have enhanced techniques used to clean guest rooms after each stay. We are paying particular attention to high touch point areas, to include key cards, public area computers, elevator doors and buttons, door handles, locks and latches, light switches, desk surfaces, telephones, television remote controls, and bathroom fixture handles.
- We have heightened sanitizing attention to their common areas, such as the front desk, lobby furniture and pool area.
In addition, we are taking steps to ensure the welfare of our employees. This includes:
- If they are not feeling well or an immediate family is not feeling well, we ask that they stay home to avoid passing it to others.
- Keep their hands clean and wash their hands properly. Staff use hand sanitizer whenever hand washing is not possible.
- Regularly wiping down and sanitizing their workspace.
- Wearing masks and wearing gloves
- Daily Screening
- Importantly, if they have flu-like symptoms, they are advised to consult a doctor and seek medical care.
We reassure you that we are taking every reasonable precaution to promote a safe and healthy environment. We truly appreciate the trust that you place in us when you chose to stay at our hotel.
Interruption of Services
Our Guests Health and Safety are our top priority. Due to the impact from COVID-19, we have closed the Breakfast Buffet, Whirlpool and Sauna. Continental to-go breakfasts are available in the front lobby. Thank you for your understanding during this challenging time and we look forward to offer all of our services as soon as possible.
Face Covering Policy
As of July 13, 2020, all staff, visitors and guests are required to wear a mask or face covering upon entering and remaining within the Inn of Waterloo and Conference Centre with the exception of the rented guestroom. The mask or face covering must cover the nose, mouth and chin. This is in accordance with Waterloo Region By-Law 20-035.
The following persons are exempt from requiring a mask or face covering:
- Children under five years of age.
- A person who is unable to wear a face covering as a result of a medical condition or a disability pursuant to the Human Rights Code, R.R.O 1990, c. H. 19, who is unable to put on or remove a face
- Employees and operators of the hotel, in a designated area not for public access. (Staff only areas)
- A person engaged in a sport or strenuous physical activity
- A person while assisting or accommodating another person with a hearing disability
- A person while consuming food or drink.
Commitment to Your Safety
The Inn of Waterloo and Conference Centre is committed to providing you with a safe and sanitized environment that aligns the Canadian Public Health recommendations. As a result, we have redefined our safety and cleaning standards. We are dedicated to taking care of our hotel guests and family. Below you will find just a few ways we are working to keep you and each other safe.
Starting in our public areas and high traffic areas we are simply going above and beyond our standard protocols. Cleaning surfaces with increased frequency, implementing the use of advanced equipment and using ministry recommended disinfectant agents.
For your increased safety, hand sanitizer stations are available throughout the building but particularly at all entrances, our front desk and outside of our elevators. In addition to having individual sanitation wipes for guest of the hotel we also offer masks and gloves if required.
Physical distancing markers and signage are in our public spaces to remind all of us to maintain a safe space of 2 metres (6ft) or more. Partitions are installed at the front desk to ensure another level of protection for our guests and team members.
For our guest rooms, we have enhanced our protocols to ensure your safety. Guest rooms are disinfected using hospital grade disinfectants. We are utilizing improved technologies such as UV light sanitization and electrostatic sprayers for disinfectants.
Guests can now go contactless by utilizing our mobile concierge. Guests are able to preregister for their guest room, check out or even order room service. https://us.runtriz.com/wtr_loo/guest?src=wifi
The Inn of Waterloo and Conference Centre will continue to focus on the health and safety of our guests and staff, actively monitoring and adapting to the environment.